Friday, September 24, 2010

Adventure Awaits

I've spent the last few weeks getting ready for our big trip to Europe. I actually really hate to fly and don't particularly like to travel in foreign countries, especially when I don't speak the language. Rick has therefore taken care of all travel plans to save me from a major anxiety attack. I am looking forward to a week on a cruise ship where I don't have to cook or clean, and I think I'm looking forward to exploring each port a little. Mostly I'm looking forward to reading the books and magazines I've been stockpiling for the last month.

I had this grand idea a few months ago that I was going to sew myself a new wardrobe for this trip. There are two reasons for that: 1. I've decided to brush up on my sewing skills since I'm looking for some time-consuming hobbies, and 2. I find it completely impossible to buy clothes that fit me properly, or even that fit me well enough to have them altered. Well I got a little sewing done, but by no means do I have a new wardrobe. Oh well, that gives me something to work on when I get back. At least the lack of clothing has made packing easy. I just put everything I normally wear in a suitcase, which was then only about 3/4 full. Yay, more room for books! Anyway, I hope to post some of my sewing adventures when I have time to actually have those adventures. In the meantime, Europe awaits! (And there's apparently a great fabric store in Rome, really close to the Pantheon. Too bad the clerks there don't speak English!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Puzzle-Piece Pattern

“It’s not the writing part that’s hard. What’s hard is sitting down to write.” -Steven Pressfield, The War of Art I’m c...