Monday, November 10, 2014

Sewing Jeans, the Second Pair


Second pair of wearable jeans, check!  These ones are my version of skinny jeans, which means close-fitting but not super tight.  They fit pretty much the way I want right out of the dryer, but after a few hours of wear they stretch out about 10% in width through the hips and thighs.  So, do I make my pattern smaller but risk not being able to get them on, do I live with the extra bagginess, or do I use a different fabric?  The next pair will have some spandex in them so I'll see how that works.  I still have a list of fitting changes to make to the pattern but I feel like each pair should keep getting better.  This has been really fun so far and I can't wait to have a whole new jeans wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Puzzle-Piece Pattern

“It’s not the writing part that’s hard. What’s hard is sitting down to write.” -Steven Pressfield, The War of Art I’m c...