Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's Almost April...

Yes, it's the day before the end of another month.  Besides all the personal things I need to do before March ends, I still have one very public (meaning public to my 4 followers) goal to accomplish by tomorrow.  That's right, I still need to sew a skirt.  I actually did start a skirt a few weeks ago but it requires a LOT of hand sewing that I planned to do while watching tv with my family in the evenings.  Then I got the flu.  Then we went on vacation.  Then I bought some new books (oops, reading shouldn't be an excuse to not sew!).  Anyway, the skirt looks about the same today as it did three weeks ago and even if I worked around the clock there are not enough hours left in the month for me to finish it.  So am I going to give up, use all my excuses, and fail in my skirt-a-month goal in only the 3rd month of the year?  Umm, I'm not sure yet, but hopefully not.  I have a plan B.  Last week I bought some fabric that might make a cute little dress or something for a soon-to-be-born niece.  Actually there's enough to make at least 4 baby dresses, or maybe 2 baby dresses and an adult skirt.  Not even a baby wants more than one dress out of the same fabric so I'm betting she won't mind if I use some of the extra.  Not that I have a pattern yet and the clock is ticking, but I'm hoping I can come up with something by today, then cut it out, fit it, and start some of the sewing before I go to bed tonight.  It's a good thing I have a stash of interfacing, thread and zippers - I shouldn't have to make a run to the fabric store today or tomorrow.  I'll let you know tomorrow how this turns out.  In the meantime, wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Puzzle-Piece Pattern

“It’s not the writing part that’s hard. What’s hard is sitting down to write.” -Steven Pressfield, The War of Art I’m c...