Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gravel

For the last few months it seems like all I've really wanted to do is complain.  I don't want to complain publicly because first I don't want to be negative, and second my life is pretty darn good and it would be in bad taste to complain about my petty issues when other people have real problems to deal with.  So here's my not complaining post.

Sometimes I feel like Atlas holding up the world - you know, when there is a problem so big it's all you can do to keep from being crushed by the weight of it.  I'm glad I don't feel like that now!  Instead, I feel like I'm being buried in gravel.  Just a bunch of little, petty, annoying things that on their own can easily be dealt with then tossed aside.  It's all the little things that only take a few minutes to do, but added together they'll take days (or maybe longer).  It's all the little decisions I need to make that then create other decisions and I don't know where they will lead, or should lead.  I guess I should expect this, since after all I'm at a major turning point in my life.  I think life is easier when you have fewer options - not better, just easier.

Anyway, there is a lesson I have to learn from this and I'm not sure what it is yet, but I'm determined to learn it well. In the meantime I'm going to go find myself a really big shovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Puzzle-Piece Pattern

“It’s not the writing part that’s hard. What’s hard is sitting down to write.” -Steven Pressfield, The War of Art I’m c...