Sunday, May 29, 2011

May Skirt

I need a more creative title, but I can't think of anything at the moment.



I finished this month's skirt last night.  I used last month's pattern as a base because it pretty much fit, and made a lot of my own changes.  I even wore it today!

Kind of a boring straight skirt from the front, and it's even a boring gray.  I kind of have to stick to neutrals since I have a very limited selection of tops to go with these skirts.






The back is more interesting.  It's not the best picture, but I really like these pleats.  I was really proud of myself for figuring out (or remembering from high school algebra) how to draw an ellipse, but it turned out that was the wrong shape so I had to freehand the curve above the pleats.

I need to make a few minor changes to the pattern in case I ever want to use it again, but overall it's pretty good.

This is what I'm the most proud of - the inside of the zipper.  Ok, so nobody but me will see it, but it looks pretty awesome if I do say so myself, and there was no hand sewing involved.  It's not perfect, but for my first try with this technique I think it's pretty good.



Here's where I'm supposed to put how much it cost, but I kinda forgot to keep track.  It wasn't any great deal but I have a skirt I can wear so I can't complain.

1 comment:

Puzzle-Piece Pattern

“It’s not the writing part that’s hard. What’s hard is sitting down to write.” -Steven Pressfield, The War of Art I’m c...